Diana is one of the youngest most talented Dubai based Yoga teachers. E-RYT 500 certified, her mother has been her Yoga inspiration and guide. When she is not teaching, you can find her around a good book, dancing or playing piano
1. Tell us who Diana is with 5 adjectives
Brave, Vivacious, Calm, Gentle and Diligent
2. Which are your other passions, apart from Yoga?
Playing the piano , Dancing & Reading
3. Which type of job could you have been doing if you were not a yoga teacher?
I’d definitely be part of the wellness sector in one or another.
4. Which are your favourite countries, and why?
Canada, for its spectacular nature and picturesque beauty. India, for all its color and light and vibrancy.
5. And your favourite food?
The Indian paneer (cottage cheese)
6. Tell us how you started your yoga journey, in which country/city and with whom?
I started my journey in Yoga under the guidance of my mother, who is also a yoga teacher. This was way back while in India. My mother used to offer free classes to the less fortunate in the neighborhood as part of her karma yoga. My cousin and I would help her clear the space and set up the mats for those attending. That was the first introduction as a yoga teacher or should I say a yoga space facilitator.
7. How do you see yourself as yoga teacher in 5 years time?
Live in the present and feel young,wild and free. Try not to get pulled into a dull past or dive into a creative future, enjoy the moment.
8. If anything was possible, to whom would you like to teach a yoga class?
I guess I would love to teach The Simpsons family
9. If you had all the money to make it a reality, which dream yoga class would you like to create, and where?
I would love to run a yoga class in the huge triangular-shaped sports ground in Mumbai called ‘Azad Maidan’. Azad means liberty. Maidan means ground. This space is well known for its cricket pitches, protest meetings and political rallies so it would be interesting to host a Yoga class bringing all the people from the city together. It would be spectacular.
10. Tell us the funniest situation that happened in a yoga class (either as a teacher or as a student!)
The class when we spent a whole hour listening to the music class next door with the student practice singing to Adele’s songs. Might I just add there were a lot of repeat attempts to hit some high notes. If only that student knew that there were 20 people next door listening to his singing voice! We’ll never know who it was and he’ll never know about us.
Diana Azavedo is E-RYT 500 certified Yoga Instructor teaching regularly in Dubai. She is also sharing her passion for Yoga with Yoga retreats abroad, teacher´s trainings and workshops during the whole year. You can find out more about her here: